Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Editor & Publisher: Hubbub At 'Hooper High'

The saga of Prof. Bosley and the Viking News has made it to Editor & Publisher with this column by Mark Fitzgerald...
Hubbub At 'Hooper High'
SPJ and College Media Advisors condemn the firing of the long-time student paper adviser at Ocean County (N.J) College, once the academic home of Bruce Springsteen and my mom.

By Mark Fitzgerald

CHICAGO (May 23, 2006) -- My mother was in her seventies when she graduated from Ocean County College in Toms River, N.J. "I always tell people I'm in the class of 1990, I never say the year I graduated high school," she says. But for all the years she went there, taking one or two night classes at a time, Mom had no idea the college had a student paper, she told me Monday when I called to say her alma mater was getting famous in journalism circles...

Read the full story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home